Privacy Statement – Website / Platform
Vpon Big Data Group (including our subsidiaries and affiliates) (collectively, “Vpon”, “we” or “us”) is a leading big data company focused on data analytics built with cutting-edge technologies to provide its customers and partners with the broadest set of data across Asia in delivering effective data-driven marketing solutions.
This Privacy Statement applies to:
(1) the use of Vpon’s official website on https://vpon.com (the “Site”) to request for information, register for a seminar, send message, or apply for a job, etc. (the “Website Service”); and
(2) the use of Vpon’s services provided through Wee Global Data Platform powered by Vpon or Vpon’s other data services, products, or solutions (the “Product Services”).
Vpon is committed to protecting your privacy. The following describes Vpon’s Privacy Statement as it relates to the collection, use and disclosure of information we collect and receive when providing our Website Services and Product Services to you.
A. How We Collect Information
When you visit our Sites to use our Website Services, we will collect your information. In some cases, you may be requested to provide us with your personal data. In such cases, you will receive a clear notification that we are collecting your information, so that you can choose not to provide it.
When you use our Product Services, you will be requested to provide us with your personal data. In such cases, you will receive a clear notification that we will be collecting your information in order to provide the services to you.
B. Information We Collect
The information we collect from you (“Information”) includes:
- Personally identifiable information : the data that can directly or indirectly identify a specific individual, including your email, name, phone number, company information, etc.
Please note that if you choose not to provide us with the above data, we may not be able to provide some of the Website Services and Product Services to you. For instance, if you are a job applicant applying through our Site, we may be unable to process your job application; or you cannot create an account on Wee Global Data Platform (“Wee account”) for using our services if you choose not to provide your Information during registration.
- Other information collected by Vpon : your IP address, browser type, cookies, etc., which will not be used together with the personally identifiable information to identify a natural person’s identity.
Please note that our Site may include links of third parties, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, or LinkedIn. If you click the links of third parties, your information will be collected by these third parties and the use of your information will be governed by the privacy policies of these third parties. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these third parties to understand how your information will be used.
During our provision of Product Services to you :
(1) Combination with third-party services: We may use services supported by third-party service providers or as a combination of services provided to you, such as Tableau or Google Looker Studio. In such cases, you may also be requested by such third parties to provide your PII directly to them, which will be governed by their privacy policies. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these third parties to understand how your information will be used.
(2) Connecting to Other Applications: We may host several analytical tools that provide the ability for users to connect to certain products or services powered by third-party service providers (e.g., Google Analytics), where Vpon may ask for users’ permissions to enable our tools to temporarily access and view the requested information/data from the specific account(s) of the users within the scope of such permission, in order to facilitate the function of such tools and/or generate the result requested by the users.
By default, our access is effective via a one-time token issued by the third-party service provider which expires after the users’ single request to a certain tool is completed. We are able to see the email address of the users’ account with users’ permission. We cannot see or store users’ passwords as those are entered on a secure page hosted by the third-party service provider. We cannot change or adjust your existing data and settings on the applications with such token, nor do we capture or store the requested information/data on our servers, or information relating to individual transactions and client profile (e.g., transaction amount, turnover, details of order, client’s age, gender, delivery address).
The use of such requested information/ data accessed by us will further comply with the relevant policies and requirements (if applicable) announced by the third-party service providers. For example, when connecting to Google applications through Google API Services, our use of the requested information/data received from Google API to the connected tool will comply with Google API Services User Data Policy, including its Limited Use requirements.
For some of our tools, we may retain the history of results generated by the tools on our Product Services to facilitate users’ further review or access until the users make a request for deletion or removal pursuant to Section F or until Vpon stops the service.
C. Purpose and Use of the Information We Collect
For our Website Servies, we use your Information collected through our Site for the following purposes:
- To process applications for seminar registration;
- To process applications from job applicants;
- To respond to questions, enquiries and send information about Vpon’s events;
- Human resources management purposes;
- To provide the services of Sites;
- To measure interest and engagement of our Site services;
- To market our products and services; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
For our Product Services, we use your Information collected for the following purposes :
- To provide the services to you;
- To create and maintain your user account;
- To fulfill requests and obligations related to our contractual relationship;
- To provide troubleshooting and improve personalized user experience;
- To protect the security and integrity of the platform;
- To update our operational and technical functionality;
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement;
- To fulfill our legal and compliance functions or obligations; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
In order to fulfill the above purposes and provide our group services to you, we may share your Information with or disclose to the following :
- The members of our corporate group, including our holding company, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
- Service providers which we engage to support our services such as customer support service providers, automation service providers, IT service providers; and
- Judiciary or government authorities, national security or law enforcement to the extent that such request or order of disclosure is necessary and appropriate.
Your Information will only be shared by us with the above for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement. Except for the above, Vpon will not provide your Information to the business partners or other third parties, unless (1) we have obtained your consent or (2) the nature of your inquiry concerns products or services provided by one of our partners, where we will provide the necessary information only to that specific partner, so that they may attempt to provide you with information regarding the products or services you inquired about.
D. Processing and Storage of the Information We Collect
Vpon uses industry well-known cloud services providers including Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services to process and store the information collected, and the data may be transferred to and processed in multiple places, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and US.
E. Retention of the Information We Collect
Vpon retains your Information for the length of time needed to fulfill any of the applicable purposes of use described in the above Section C and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal obligations.
As further specified in the following Section F, you have right to request Vpon to delete your Information (including delete your Wee account), and to request to stop the collection, processing, and use of your Information, and upon receipt of such request, Vpon will delete or stop collection, process, or use in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that, in order to ensure your access to Wee Global Data Platform, Vpon keeps your Information in your Wee account until you make a request for deletion of Wee account or Vpon stops the service. Once you make such request and after Vpon’s completion of deleting your Wee account including your Information, you will not be able to access your Wee account and the relevant services after such deletion.
F. Your Rights
You have the right to ascertain whether Vpon holds your Information, to request to review the Information held by Vpon, to request to obtain a copy of your Information, to request to supplement and correct any Information that is inaccurate, to request to delete the Information, and to request to stop the collection, processing, and use of your Information.
If you would like to exercise the above rights or request for information regarding policies and practices, please send your request in writing to: email@example.com.
Vpon will endeavor to reply to your request in 15 working days, and fulfill your request within 30 working days upon your further confirmation and if such request is legitimate.
Vpon makes significant efforts to maintain the security of its network and the data we collect. We use various technologies, including, in certain instances, encryption, to ensure high security standards. Any data that is stored on Vpon’s servers is treated as confidential and is not available to the public. Please keep in mind, however, that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium. Therefore, although we use reasonable efforts to protect information, the possibility of an individual defeating our security measures does exist.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Vpon may release information (including personal information) when necessary to government and law enforcement officials, to comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or to law enforcement officials when we, at our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or to protect Vpon’s rights, property, or other interests, including those of its customers or users, or to prevent illegal activities.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
You acknowledge that you have read this Privacy Statement. Your use of our Website Services/ Product Services is subject to this Privacy Statement. BY USING, ACCESSING, INTERACTING WITH OUR SITES OR WEE GLOBAL DATA PLATFORM, YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We may find it necessary or be legally obligated to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do, we will update the effective date so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Your continued use, access, and interaction with our Sites and/or Wee Global Data Platform following posting of the updated Privacy Statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes, unless your consent to the changes is required by applicable law.
This Privacy Statement has become effective as of 4 December 2020.
The latest revision was made on 16 May 2023.
For more information, or to ask questions about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Vpon Big Data Group
7F., No. 337, Fuxing N. Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan (R.O.C.)