Who you will work with
You will be based in Tokyo, Japan and will be part of our data team of Vpon Big Data Group.
Vpon Big Data Group bring the best of data capabilities to help our client use data to drive their business. As a part of this group, you will work on everything from product development to project execution.
You’ll typically work on projects of travel industries, coupling with marketing knowledge and data savviness. You’ll also work with colleagues from Vpon Japan to deliver breakthrough solutions, experience, and business, both on technology and on non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on openness, entrepreneurial spirit, and give-and-take. As a Project Manager in Vpon Big Data group, you will bring your personal ideas and experiences to the job, thereby helping our clients to achieve competitive success and to constantly grow our expertise.
What you will do
• Support business initiatives and ensures good collaboration between the teams and departments within the organization
• Oversee project delivery process and handle scope and change requests – including tasks, deliverables, milestones, resources, and estimated costs.
• Analyze issues, identify risks, report accordingly to management, and propose solutions to be implemented in efficient and effective communication
• Gather and communicate experience, relaying best practice, client experience and resources feedback to Vpon Big Data Group
• Improve scalability, stability, accuracy and efficiency of existing data solution projects
• Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on “add-on” sales opportunities across projects
• Shape product vision, product roadmap, and strategic design
• Define and design action plans for efficiency and effectiveness improvement together with management team
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience in project management, change management and / or management consulting
• Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true follower-ship
• Proven track record of developing and implementing plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible metrics
• Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
• Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
• Relentless prioritization and alignment with business to ensure highest value capture
• Fluent Japanese
• Good English
• Willingness to relocate to Japan
Good to have
• Experience in big data technologies / tools
• Experience in marketing industry
• Understanding of software development processes
• Good programming skills in R or Python