Vpon Big Data Group (“Vpon” or “we”) is a leading big data company focused on data analytics built with cutting-edge technologies to provide its customers and partners with the broadest set of data across Asia in delivering effective data-driven marketing solutions.
To deliver its online advertising service and data services (collectively as the “Services”), Vpon provides its business partners (including advertising demand partners, data demand partners, publisher partners, data partners, and fraud and measurement partners, collectively as the “Partners”) with technologies to enable these Partners to display advertisements to the visitors who use their mobile applications or visit their websites (the “User” or “Users”). Vpon may use the data collected by these technologies, together with other data collected or received by it, to deliver its Services.
How Vpon's Advertising Technology Works
A. How We Collect Information
Vpon provides an ad-network and data platform to connect mobile application and site publishers with advertisers. These services provide efficient serving of advertisement and data service to our demand partners and help our publisher partners to fill in their inventory slots with effective advertising. When you use apps or websites that have integrated Vpon’s software development kit (Vpon SDK), through the SDK, we collect your information to deliver, tailor and report on ads being run across our platforms and services. The information we collect is mainly non-personal data, which means that we don’t know and can’t ascertain your identity as a natural person, but it helps us to process and use this information to better understand your interests and preferences in order to deliver most relevant ads to you.
B. Information We Collect
The information we/our Partners collect through our technologies is mainly non-personally identifiable information. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”) is the information that, by itself, does not directly or indirectly identify a specific individual. Vpon may collect information while you are visiting the websites or applications of our publisher partners. The information collected includes but not limited to the following:
- Device Identifiers, including your IP address, iOS identifier for Advertising (IDFA), iOS identifier for Vendor (IDFV), Android Advertising ID, and Vpon specific identifier.
- Information about your browser, including the type of browser, browser language, user agent, and Vpon specific cookie ID.
- Information about your device, including the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), and screen size.
- Information about your device environment, including connection type (WiFi, Cellular), WiFi access points, Bluetooth devices.
- Your geo-location, when location services are enabled in the apps you use. Note that when location services are not enabled, we might still be able to infer from data about your location based on other information, including your IP address.
- Information about your app or website usage, including the apps on your device, the app on your device that is requesting an ad, your browsing and viewing history, your current time zone, and the time web pages or apps were visited or used.
- Information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, including the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser’s website or downloaded the advertiser’s app.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is the data that can directly or indirectly identify a specific individual, and may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and home address. When providing its Services, Vpon does not collect PII and will take all precautions to avoid collecting or receiving PII from Partners. If Vpon is made aware that it received PII from its Partners, it will use all efforts to remove that information from its records.
To improve the quality of its Services, on some occasions, Vpon receives users’ Non-PPI from third parties, such as users’ device identity, device characteristic, device connection, device location, user engagement, etc. While Vpon will do its best to request the third parties to confirm that the collection of this information complies with laws, Vpon is not responsible for the practices of these third parties.
C. Purpose of the Information We Collect
The information collected is mainly used for the following purposes:
- Serving Ads: Allowing advertising demand partners to show their ads in media inventory offered by our publisher partners.
- Serving Personalized Ads: Using information collected and/or information from our data partners to infer what ads you may be interested in, and what ads you are more likely to engage with. Depending on your location, we may also create a profile about you in order to help our clients to serve the best ads to you. Vpon prohibits our partners from serving targeting advertisements based on information that we consider sensitive or is prohibited by law, including race, religion, politics or health.
- Customizing ads shown to you based on your current or prior location.
- Serving Contextual Ads: Showing ads to you based on the content you are viewing.
- Preventing you from seeing the same ad or the same type of ad too many times.
- Reporting and Conversions: Analyzing and reporting on campaign and ad performance, such as reporting to advertisers about when and how you have been exposed to ads or clicked on ads, and reporting to publisher partners the information about when and how ads were shown on their digital properties and whether they were clicked on.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protecting Vpon and demand partners from fraudulent behavior.
- Providing and Operating Our Services: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
- Data Derivatives: Vpon may create Data Derivatives including but not limited to segments, reports, insights, modelling, research, and statistical analytics from the information, in order to provide services to our data demand partners to understand market trend and/or user behavior etc. In order to deliver the service, we may license and/or otherwise transfer Data Derivatives in an aggregated and/or anonymized format to our demand partners.
D. Parties We May Share the Information With
The Partners Vpon may share information include:
- Publisher Partners: We may share your information with them to help understand how users interact with their apps and sites and advertisements on their apps and sites.
- Demand Partners: We may share your information with demand partners, clients, brands and advertisers who use our platform services, to allow them to understand the performance of their campaigns; and/or to help them better target their campaigns, products or offerings.
- Data Partners: We may share your information with data partners who help us with better understanding your preference by providing data enrichment services, so that they may create audience segments to help advertising demand partners choose the best ad for you.
- Fraud and Measurement Partners: We may share your information with them in order to help to ensure the safety, security, privacy, and accuracy of Vpon’s services and the broader advertising ecosystem.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers who help us to process your information. These service providers will be subject to the same obligations in this Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and on the condition that they will only use your information for the processing purpose for us and pursuant to our instructions.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates to provide or improve our Services. We will also make sure our affiliates to abide by this Privacy Statement so as to protect your information.
- It is possible that Vpon will conduct a merger, spin-off, business transfer, or any other transaction, whereby the information that Vpon collects from you may be transferred to the third parties involved in such merger, spin-off, business transfer or transaction.
E. Processing and Storage of the Information We Collect
To provide Services in a reliable and flexible manner, Vpon uses industry well-known cloud service providers to process and store the information collected, so the data may be transferred to and processed in multiple places, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and US.
F. Retention of the Information We Collect
Vpon retains information collected and received only for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used.
G. Opt-Out Procedure
If you do not want Vpon or our Partners to deliver targeted ads to you based on interests or preferences inferred from information we have about you, you can opt out using procedures described below and Vpon will stop collecting your information:
- Online web environment: (desktop, tablet, and smartphone browsers)
You can opt out by clicking here. Please note that these platforms allow you to opt out from interest-based advertising delivered by registered members on the current browser you are using. The opt-out process will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. Please note that if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, you may need to opt-out again, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to opt-out on each browser.
- Mobile applications
Mobile system software such as Apple iOS or Google Android provides mechanisms that allow users to opt out the use of their information. Vpon honors both Apple’s “Limit Ad Tracking” and Google’s “Personalized Ads” device settings. When we see these settings on your device, we treat these as a request to opt out from interest-based advertising and as a request to opt out from usage in data services.
- Android Users (version3 and above)
To use the “opt-out of interest-based advertising” option, follow the instructions provided below:
- Open Google Settings from App Launcher
2. Open “Ads Setting”
Please note that this is a device setting and will disable interest-based ads from all providers, and not just from Vpon.
- iOS users (version 6 and above)
To use the “Limit Ad-Tracking” option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center. Please note that this is a device setting and will disable interest-based ads from all providers, and not just from Vpon.
For Members of the European Economic Areas
Please note that Vpon does not collect or intend to collect any information from members of the European Economic Areas (“EEA”). If Vpon is aware of any information incidentally collected that is associated with any IP address in EEA, Vpon will delete the information from its database. If you are a user in EEA and subject to the protection of GDPR, but are aware that Vpon collects your information, please contact Vpon immediately or opt out from the services following the opt-out procedure mentioned in Section G.
Third Parties' Websites
Vpon’s Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit a website of a Partner or a third party by clicking a banner ad or other type of advertisement or a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement of their products or services, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Vpon is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites. These websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, to collect data or solicit personal information from you. This Privacy Statement addresses the use and disclosure of information that we collect from you through our Services. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children And
Vpon is very sensitive about the issue of the privacy rights of children. Vpon’s Services generally are neither developed for, nor directed at, children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with information, we will delete such information from our files.
Vpon does not collect nor does it permit the targeting of advertising based on sensitive information regarding medical and health-related matters.
Vpon makes significant efforts to maintain the security of its network and the data we collect. We use various technologies, including, in certain instances, encryption, to ensure high security standards. Any data that is stored on Vpon’s servers is treated as confidential and is not available to the public. Please keep in mind, however, that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium. Therefore, although we use reasonable efforts to protect information, the possibility of an individual defeating our security measures does exist.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Vpon may release information (including PII) when necessary to government and law enforcement officials, to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or to law enforcement officials when we, at our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or to protect Vpon’s rights, property, or other interests, including those of its customers or users, or to prevent illegal activities.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
You acknowledge that you have read this Privacy Statement. Your use of our Services, our Partners’ services, and access or interaction with our Partners’ applications and websites are subject to this Privacy Statement. BY USING, ACCESSING, INTERACTING WITH OUR SERVICES, AND OUR PARTNERS’ SERVICES, APPLICATIONS, AND WEBSITES, YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We may find it necessary or be legally obligated to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do, we will update the effective date so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Your continued use, access, and interaction with our Services and our Partners’ services, applications, and websites following posting of the updated Privacy Statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes, unless your consent to the changes is required by applicable law.
The Privacy Statement was last revised on 4-Dec-2020.
For more information, or to ask questions about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Vpon Big Data Group
7F., No. 337, Fuxing N. Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan (R.O.C.)